Members of the public are invited to submit photographs of six of our projects, detailed below. The Fountain Workshop management team will pick six winners (one for each location) and the six winning photographs will be used in our marketing, website and social media. Each of those six photographers will also win a photography workshop hosted by the Canon EOS Academy, who have kindly agreed to work with non-EOS cameras if necessary. Runners-up will receive a Fountain Workshop branded merchandise pack. Once all six competitions have ended, an overall winner will be chosen, whose photograph will be featured on our maintenance vans for the subsequent year.
We are looking for photographs of the following water features:
- City Park Mirror Pool, Bradford (competition opening 30th March and ending 31st May 2018)
- Folkestone Harbour, Folkestone (1st June to 31st July 2018)
The remaining projects will be announced as the competition progresses.
Please note that entries submitted after 11:59pm on each deadline will not be considered. Full Terms and Conditions can be found below.
Photographs may be entered by posting them either on Twitter and tagging us @fountainslive, or on Instagram and tagging us @fountainworkshop. Please also use the hashtag #TFWLPhotoComp, which we will be tracking on both platforms, so that we do not miss your entry.
Winners will be contacted on social media, so please make sure that you have a public account and are following us. If you are successful, please respond promptly after you are contacted, or we may be forced to choose another winner and you will no longer be eligible to win either the individual or the overall prizes.
We are looking for photographs that:
- show how the feature fits in with its environment
- highlight how the public interacts with it
- show the feature in its most positive light
- would be a suitable advert for the Fountain Workshop and would be fitting on the side of our maintenance vans, which travel the length and breadth of the country
Please have a look at our Project pages for an idea of the sort of high quality photograph we are after.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Competitions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the competition is free of charge. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in full.
- Entries must be submitted via Instagram or Twitter. No postal or email entries will be accepted.
- The start date and closing date for each competition will be as publicised on The Fountain Workshop website. All entries must be received by the closing time and date. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
- We encourage both amateur and professional photographers to enter the competitions. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere (apart from on social media) or have won a prize in any other photography competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject, and that they do not infringe the copyright of any third party or violate any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Entries must be submitted by individuals and not sent through agencies or third parties.
- The Fountain Workshop Limited does not accept any liability for the publication of any unlawfully reproduced images.
- Entrants must also have access to a high quality digital copy of their photograph that can be submitted upon request, should they be successful. Images can be in portrait or landscape orientation but must be a minimum size of 1600 x 1200 pixels.
- It is preferable if the photographs entered are largely unedited. Cropping, colour enhancement, and subtle filters are allowed but entries that have clearly been photoshopped or otherwise obviously edited will not be considered. We are looking for photographs that highlight the natural beauty of the water features and the surrounding areas, so please keep photo editing to a minimum. We will not accept black and white photographs as these will not be suitable for printing on the sides of our vans in the event of becoming a winning entry. The winning entry will be the image that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory.
- Entrants must be following The Fountain Workshop on the social media platform through which they have entered so that they can be contacted should they be shortlisted. Entries must also be posted from a public account so that they are visible to The Fountain Workshop.
- Entrants may submit up to 20 individual photos per competition or enter more than one competition but will only be eligible to win one of the six competitions and the overall prize. Each image can only be entered once.
- Obscene, derogatory or offensive photographs will not be considered.
- Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of The Fountain Workshop and the judges’ decision is final. Runners-up will each receive a branded Fountain Workshop merchandise pack. Individual competition winners will receive one place on a photography workshop, paid for by The Fountain Workshop. Travel expenses, hotel costs or food and drink are not included. Winners will be contacted within 21 days of the closing date of each competition with the time and date for this workshop, both of which cannot be changed. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- In entering the competition, each entrant is agreeing to be contacted by The Fountain Workshop Limited and to have their full name and home town used on The Fountain Workshop website, social media, and marketing. They are also granting a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to The Fountain Workshop Limited to feature any or all of the submitted images on any website, social media, marketing or promotional material connected to the competitions.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- Entries where children under the age of 16 are clearly identifiable must be entered with the full knowledge and consent of the child’s parent or carer. It is the responsibility of the entrant to get this consent in writing, and they will be asked for proof of consent if their photograph is selected.
- The Fountain Workshop Limited’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into or considered.
- The Fountain Workshop Limited reserve the right to withhold the prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, the quality of the entries received falls below the standard required.
- The Fountain Workshop Limited reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to disqualify or discount any entrant or image which does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Fountain Workshop Limited is not liable if any of the competitions are cancelled or amended due to unforeseen circumstances and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- The Promoter of this competition is The Fountain Workshop Limited, The Lead and Paint Mill, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TZ, Tel: – 01634 829820. E-mail: – email@example.com Twitter: – @fountainslive. Instagram: – @fountainworkshop